Friday, September 27, 2013

Dear Diary...

Ever since I was a little girl, I have written in a journal. My mom was really good about having us write in our journal every Sunday. This was one thing I didn't mind doing. 
I enjoyed it then. I enjoy it now. I enjoy putting my thoughts down on paper. 



However, now it is quite a bit harder to actually sit down and write things down. 
When Emma was born, I started a journal that I try to write in for her. 
It is my plan to continue this until she's 18 and then give it to her before she starts college. 
I plan to do the same thing with Kaitlyn. 
Why yes, Kaitlyn is already 14 months. I'll get on it...Eventually. 


I write about all kinds of things. Back in the day that included crushes, friends I had, things I did at school and church, and sometimes I went so far as to write down what I wore.
 And I put stuff in it as well. Tickets, cards, pictures, anything I had at the time. 
Some might call me a pack rat. My husband certainly does. I kept everything. 
I kept every single letter my grandpa wrote me. These are things I'll cherish FOREVER.


Thanks mom for forcing having me write in my journal every.single.Sunday.
I feel like it's made me a better person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment