Friday, April 25, 2014

DIY Scarf Corral

I got this beauty in the Target Dollar Spot. It was originally marked $3.00 but was on sale for $0.90. They were having an awesome sale where things with a black dot were 90% off. It is an Over-The-Door hanger thing and it was already yellow, so I knew I wouldn’t have to tweak that and spray paint it- which I probably would’ve done.
I saw this just laying in the bin- lonely and sad, envisioned the beautiful potential, and viciously threw put it in my cart. It was like a swan story that played out in my mind over the course of 10 seconds.



Fast forward 1 ½ months. I got my husband to cut off the bits that are supposed to hang over the door. It is now a flat, swirly, wonderful scarf corral. If you have been following for awhile, you will remember this post of the His and Her messy dresser picture. A lot of that mess on my side were scarves. I was waiting for something magnificent to come along to put them on display. These scarves are literally my pretties. I am obsessed with them and would like to add to my collection ten-fold. No, I am not kidding. 



Until then, this works perfectly. Right now, I have it hanging on some 3M Command Hooks. I will probably move it when I figure out the rest of my room. For now, this is a perfect spot for it. I love it. And my  husband loves that my side of the dresser is a little bit cleaner.


No comments:

Post a Comment