Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday Favorites

This is the start of a new beginning. 
A weekly series. 
Something I will try to attain every week. 

Welcome to Friday Favorites. 
I'm hoping this will get me in the habit of regularly posting. :) 

Here we go: Post #1. 

My life can be pretty mundane. Get up, get myself ready, get the girls ready, leave the house, go to work, stay there for what seems like forever (on most some days), get in the car, pick the girls up, go home, dinner, shower , dishes, fold laundry (or not), watch a little Netflix with the husband- if we're lucky, go to bed. Wake up- repeat. 

Now, sometimes this gets me a bit down. It's not always fun to do the same thing day in- day out. I mean, I don't know about you, but I need a little excitement in my life. Sometimes that involves making plans for the weekend, having a family date night, planning on watching a full length movie (in one sitting, no less), creating something, or even trying a new recipe. Friday Favorites is going to encourage me to look at the things I live everyday and find the good, the bad, the ugly, and the beautiful. 

This week, this includes a new plant and some new pictures I've put up in my house. Emma asked me the other day why I buy new things all the time. I informed her that I don't buy things all the time, but I do like to get some new things, sometimes, to make our house more beautiful and more comfortable. We have only scratched the surface is making our home "ours". We have a long ways to go.

First up, my new plant. We got this bad boy from Lowe's two weeks ago. I'm in love. I love the vibrancy it brings to this little corner of our kitchen. It smells good and puts off a good vibe. I'm quite obsessed with green plants these days. This has been a great addition to our kitchen. I've had the pot for awhile now. Waiting for the perfect plant to put in it. This only set me back $12.98. Quite a steal, if you ask me. Now, to keep it alive. 


Second, my new pictures. I love pictures. Like LURVE them. Especially when they are pictures of my favorite people. These two pictures make me happy every time I pass them. Every. Single. Time. I can't help but smile. These girls are beautiful and my absolute favorite people in the world. I got the frames from Ikea, they are these. And for $6, that's something I can handle. I developed the pictures at Walgreens with a 40% discount and $15 later, I have this wall I adore. I used poster board as the mat and just taped the pictures right in the center. Ikea frames are such an odd size, this was the easiest, cheapest way to get a mat. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Black and white for the win!   



I want this Friday Favorites to be a place where I embrace all that is good in my life. To showcase some of my favorite things I've experienced in the week. I have so many things I'm grateful for and truly love in my life. I'll just start documenting it, now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment