Saturday, November 9, 2013

Dance Party Edition

This last week, I was in Vail, Colorado. I was there for a work conference. It was a lot of fun, but boy was it good to come home. I think most people who read this know me, 
but for those of you who don't, I am a working mom. I work 40 hours a week. 
Sometimes, I feel I am away from home more than I am at home. Being gone for six whole days was tough. However, I did enjoy my time immensely.  I learned a lot of new things, met a lot of new people, and over-all, had a great time. It's kind of nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of life. Nonetheless, it was really great coming home to my little family, with my two cute little girls, and my amazing husband. My husband, who- by the way- also had a great time while I was away. He claimed it wasn't stressful and he and the girls had a great time. Not totally sure how to take that- other than count my lucky 
stars that I met and married him 7 years ago, that he gave me two beautiful, perfect daughters, and that he can take care of the house in my absence :)

Today was our first whole day together. This morning Emma and I were gone for a few 
hours attending her friend's birthday party. Emma had requested I take her because she missed me so much this past week. {tear} But tonight, after dinner, we had a good ol' fashioned dance party with the whole fam. When these pictures were taken, we 
were listening to Huey Lewis and the News. Great band. Great music. 


Even just looking at these pictures, I am reminded of how incredibly lucky I am to have an amazing home life, and an amazing professional life. Life really is good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment