Friday, November 15, 2013

Rose Cabochon Earrings



Fun fact about me- I love crafting. If I were a stay-at-home mom, I would craft all day. Because I am not a stay-at-home mom, I craft when I have time, which is almost never. That’s why I’m always looking for cheap, easy things to do. Not only can I do it and feel great when I've finished something, but I only choose things that I know I’m going to love as well. I'm a big fan of jewelry so this is a go-to.

I first got this idea from a blog called homemadebyjill.blogspot.com. She made these earrings and I instantly fell in love. I  went to Etsy, did a search, and bought some rose cabochons and the earring backings and got to work. These cabochons can be used for anything. I've contemplated gluing them to bobby pins/barrettes, rings, and even a necklace – if the rose was big enough. 

Tonight, I decided to do earrings. This is a 1,2,3 step project. 

First: Get your supplies: rose cabochons, hot glue gun, and the earring backing. 



Second: Glue the rose on the earring. 



Third: You're done. Now strut your stuff!



See what I mean. Super easy, really cute,  and pretty affordable too. Do you know how much you could pay on a pair of earrings like this? A lot more than whatever you just paid on the supplies. I love it. 
Next up, I might try a ring and a barrette. I could go for days with these delicious little roses!

No comments:

Post a Comment