Friday, December 6, 2013

Christmas Chain




Today, I am off work. That means I get stuff done. Something I really wanted to do today was a Christmas craft with Emma. We have never done a Christmas chain before, so I though this would be a good craft project to do with her. What could be easier than gluing paper together to make a chain? Also, she got to use her glue stick, so I figured it was a sure thing. I figured wrong. She got about 5 paper chains deep and decided she was done. It was "long enough". She is now watching one of the chipmunk movies. She is obsessed right now. Oh well. At least I tried, right?



Anyways, before she was over it, this was our game plan. I got four corresponding pieces of scrapbook paper (not too matchy-matchy), a glue stick, cutting board, X-Acto knife, and a 12-inch ruler. 



I got to work cutting the paper in 1-inch strips. Emma got to work gluing them together. Easy-peasy, nice and Christmas-y. :) Since she only made a short one and is now engrossed in her movie, I have finished with my strips and we now have a beautiful Christmas Chain. 

I know I'm not inventing the wheel over here, but we have never done this before and I though it was a fun craft project to do with my eldest child. 




No comments:

Post a Comment