Saturday, January 4, 2014

Nursery Art

I love customizing things for me and my family. This includes art for their room. Now, I'm not one to go out and buy art. I'd much rather make my own art if I can help it. When I was pregnant with Kaitlyn, I got to work on some customized art for right above her crib. I wanted her to have something fun to look at and high enough to be out of her reach. So, I got together 3 frames, spray painted each one white, and went about getting some inspiration to put in the frames. 



I love trees, so when I found this tree with heart leaves on my Silhouette software, I knew just what to do with it. I cut the tree out with the plaid pattern and then cut the hearts out with another pattern. They didn't match by any means, but together, I think they go well together. If you don't have a Silhouette or other cutting machine, you can always print something out and use an x-acto knife to get the job done. 
Lord knows that's what I did before I got the cutting machine. :)



On the other side is a tree branch with a bird on it. Again, I choose colors that went well together, but didn't match. 



The middle picture was simple a small square of scrapbook paper that ties in colors from the pictures on either side of it. 

This was a really simple task and I love the results, even one and a half years later. Luckily, this little girl loves it too. The K was something else I just cut out and put in a frame. Easy peasy is my middle name.






No comments:

Post a Comment