Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Emma Had a Little Lamp

Emma has this lamp in her room. It started a drab brown that didn't really go with anything else in her room. Ever since she moved into her "big girl room" downstairs, I have been trying to make more her. I want her to be happy in it. I also want her input. 
She is full of great ideas. :) It was her idea to paint it yellow. 

The first step was taping off all of the electrical parts. I taped off the top part where you put the light bulb and the cord also. Then I moved it outside to my spray painting area- aka the back deck. I'm pretty fancy around here. 



I used a primer spray paint first. This helps the yellow spray paint stick better. 
Then I sprayed it with the yellow paint. 


I love how it turned out and so does Emma. The yellow is so much happier. 
A quick and dirty easy project. Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment