Wednesday, October 9, 2013

My Fair Hutch

Remember that post where I told you all about my fetish for Ikea.
Well...it hasn't gone anywhere. In fact, it's back and bigger than ever. For my 7th wedding anniversary, my husband surprised me with a trip to Ikea to get a hutch. Technically, it isn't a hutch- it's listed under the bookcase/storage section- however it totally 
fit the bill for what I was looking for. 



I was looking for something to put some of my prettier things in- to show off- up top. On the bottom, we closed it off because we will put other things (big appliances, our dust buster, and other odds and ends). Eventually we'll get rid of our peninsula in our kitchen, and this will just be extra storage space for us to take advantage of. Our house is large, but any extra storage we can get, I'll take. :)

We have it in our possession now and are in the process of putting it together. We're going on night number two. It takes a lot longer putting furniture together when you're limited to after "bed-time" and the Cardinals are winning their 3rd straight division series. Wahoo!

I'll be back later this week with an update on how the process of putting it together went, and how it looks in my kitchen. I can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment