Friday, October 25, 2013

Painting A Blank Canvas

I have been under the influence of canvas for a while now. 
They are cheap and endless with possibilities of decorating. I've seen a lot of ideas on Pinterest lately. I've seen a lot of chevron out there, but to keep things simple- I decided to go with straight lines. So, off I went to my living room floor to paint my blank canvas and give it some meaning in its life. 

Supplies needed: canvas, craft paint, foam brush, painters tape, 
and one episode of Parks and Rec. Amy Poehler is my jam. :)


First, I taped off my sections. Then I squirted some craft paint onto a paper plate and started with the darkest orange first. Then I added some white to my paint puddle and did the slightly lighter one below. I then added some more white paint and did the lightest one up top. I was going for the ombre look but ended up doing it in the wrong order. 
Oh well, I still like it and think it's pretty gosh darn cute. 

In the end, I really love it. I choose orange because I just got a new comforter that I got from Target. It is this one from Nate Berkus and I.am.in.love. 
Seriously, I squeeled like a little piggie when I got it on the bed tonight. LOVE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment