Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pumpkin Bumpkin

Most of you know fall is my favorite season. 
This year is no exception. Here in Utah, we are enjoying a very beautiful, very long fall. 
I am in love. 

Today, we had some fun doing something different with pumpkins today. 
I went to my nearest Walmart and purchased three pumpkins. They were only $1.98 each, so I didn't feel like I was being ripped off. They were just cheap enough for me :)



So, Emma and I broke out a few different craft items and got to work. 
We got, glitter pens, craft paint, a craft stamp, tissue paper, mod podge, and some foam brushes and paper plates. This was the perfect craft to do with her while Kaitlyn napped. It was perfect because instead of having to hover because there are knives involved, I was able to give her free reign. I'm a hoverer- like a helicopter.


1. painting it with pink craft paint- she also painted glitter on
2. painted it white. then decoupaged tissue paper hearts
3. the craft punch we used. so much easier than cutting everything out
     4. decoupaging the hearts onto the pumpkin
     
It took us about an hour, which is perfect time-wise. The results are great. She loves it, I love it, and even Kaitlyn couldn't wait to get her hands on them when she saw them sitting on the kitchen table. 



I'm glad I am able to do projects like this with Emma, one-on-one. Ben works a lot of Saturdays, so I try to do at least one thing that is Emma-geared. 



How do you decorate your pumpkins? Do you only carve them, or do you use other techniques to beautify them? Tell me in the comments. 

1 comment:

  1. We always carve a pumpkin the Mon. night before Halloween, but Dan has gotten smart and uses a dremel to cut. Mom was inspired by this post, so we'll see what she ends up doing.

    ReplyDelete