Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday Project

Today, I was off work. When that happens, I try to get a project done.
 It works out so much easier when I am at home by myself. Instead of trying to do something late at night, after bed-time, I get to do it in the day light. Yippee!

Today, I broke out my Silhouette machine. For those of you don't know, it is a cutting machine. You can design your own things, write out words, or buy designs/pictures from their online store. I've had my machine for 4 years now and I love it. 
I have definitely gotten my money's worth. It's not cheap. :)



I printed out a phrase many are familiar with...Home Sweet Home. I love this saying. It's kind of a cliche, but my home really is sweet and I probably say it at least 4 times a week. 

I found this gray, geometrical wrapping paper at Tai Pan Trading (a local home decor store) and found the yellow paper in my paper stash. 





I try to buy scrap book paper at any of the local craft stores when it's on sale. When I do go, I try to stock up a bit. It's always good to have paper on hand because I love paper crafts and enjoy making my own cards for holidays and birthdays. 

So, I cut out my yellow Home Sweet Home and attached it to my gray wrapping paper. I had this black frame in my stash of frames and put it all together. 



I think it turned out pretty cute. It's good having it on wall as a reminder. My home is a sweet home and I will do my best to keep it that way!




No comments:

Post a Comment